HOME | DOWNTOWN | HOUSES AND APARTMENTS | COMMERCIAL BLDGS. | MISCELLANEOUS LOCATIONS | LINKS | NEXT PHOTO
This postcard looks north toward the DeKalb County courthouse. Note the presence of Sycamore Street directly in front of the courthouse. These days, Sycamore ends at Church Street where the Decatur Marta station sits. The courthouse was built in 1898, but after a severe fire in 1916 the building underwent a major renovation and two wings were added.
In 1967, the new courthouse was completed. Today, the old courthouse can be rented for special events and is home to the DeKalb History Center, which has a page with more information about this building on their Web site. Google map
Bottom photo: 01/09/11